There are a total of 15 million yoga enthusiasts in the US and most of these practicing yogi’s and yogini’s travel from time to time too. So their question about leaving behind their yoga lifestyle can be synonymous to how can I survive without yoga?
You can survive without yoga if you are on the go for the time being. But not having it due to travel will feel like you are missing something integral to your body. And what would be your solution there? Bring your yoga with you. And a big HOW now is asked.
You have to do nothing, just go on with your usual routines but this time suit them to where you are. And mind you, everything is all in your mind, so your best shot is to incorporate even if you will go hopping from plane to plane.
Here are some tips on How to Keep Doing Yoga Even When Traveling.
- Keep things from bothering you. Yoga can do that. When in airport take a breath and meditate. Do it casually and all your travel lag will go away.
- Access yoga through online videos. You don’t have a yoga class or studio? Then do it by yourself through online means. This way you are still connected to your yoga lifestyle.
- Bring your lightest and thinnest possible mat for yoga. This can be your armour for traveling. Pack it in your suitcase and have it used in your hotel room or anywhere you can be convenient in doing your asanas.
- Bring a yoga book. During long plain flights a yoga book can take the boredom and the cramps away. And you can do plane yoga too when you have long hour flights. Believe me, it’s possible. Back to the book, it will inspire you and will keep you focused.
- Plan your travel schedule and incorporate yoga in it. Make sure you put even a little time for yoga in that planner of yours. Mix it in your day to day schedule and you’re off to go.
- Bring in your headphones. And make sure you fill your playlist with yoga friendly music. This can help you in internalizing and meditating on yoga too
- Create positive vibes through affirmations and mantra. Do this while flying, sightseeing or even while lounging in the beach. This way you can push away anxieties and be a practicing yogi or yogini still.
Got it guys? Yoga and travel can be easy; it can even help you be worry free. Next time you board that plane on your way to the Atlantic make sure that you have your yoga mat with you, your playlist, your yoga book and your great yoga spirit. And if you have them then you aren’t alienated from your beloved yoga session anyhow. Good luck and Namaste yogis and yoginis!
About the Author:
Ada Hung is the owner of BaliniSports, a yoga wear brand in Las Vegas. A yogini too who can’t live without her daily dose of yoga.